It may be corny or cliche, but this weekend always makes me reflect on my life and how lucky I am. It may also be especially important for me as one of my classes is reading A Long Way Gone by Ishmael Beah and the atrocities he and the other children of Sierra Leone experienced just take my breath away.
So here’s what I’m thankful for:
– my hardworking handyman husband who works at his daily job then comes home and has been renovating our house room by room
– my silly little girl who makes me laugh every single day and who astonishes me with her language acquisition skills
– the fact that we are expecting our second child and as some of you may know, this has been a difficult process for us
– that I teach in a wonderful school and especially in a truly entertaining department (we laugh every single day here)
– I have really great classes and this week some of my students demonstrated to me that they are going to or already are citizens with a strong sense of compassion and empathy
– and the rest of my family, friends and colleagues who help to make each and every day a blessing!