This morning was the annual Southwood Christmas assembly and as per tradition, (so I’ve been told) the new staff members had to participate in some fashion. Now most of us are good with making fools of ourselves in a classroom context but it’s a different story when you’re acting. It’s a very humbling experience and it caused a bit of self reflection on my part.
What I learned: (or was reminded of while filming)
– stepping out of your comfort zone is hard but… trying something different is good for the soul
– laughter makes difficult situations more entertaining
What I learned while editing:
– editing is a great creative outlet for me
– I had to think outside the box and I enjoyed the challenge
What I learned while seeing the video played for the students:
– they appreciate seeing us in a different capacity
– they appreciate that we can laugh at ourselves
– the students get to see us as people with faults and that it’s okay to make mistakes (gotta love a blooper roll)
In conclusion, an experience that I thought would be painful (I’m not the most outgoing person) turned out to be a great reflective event. I absolutely love when life does that to me!
On a different note, I wanted to wish everyone a very happy holiday season and best wishes for a wonderful 2012!